Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ideal Workplace

As of recently, my main concern has not been what I want to do after graduation but where I would live after graduation. Now that I part own a little run-down trailer in Marion, I can think about what I want to do after graduation.

Due to the lack of major computer companies in Marion, after graduation I plan to further my education by going to an online grad school for cyber security. While I am in grad school I would like to work part time remotely as a software developer. I have always liked the idea of working at home where I can make my own office. I tend to work best in environments without a lot of other people around. I like quiet spaces where I can let my mind flow and have my desk in an organized mess.

My ideal company would be a company that is working for a greater cause or a company that I use their services a lot. I would like to work for a company that is flexible in the way they let you work, like google, but also has deadlines and rules to follow. I would prefer to work in a company that has other women in my department, for nothing other than moral support.

I feel that any job I get right out of college would only be a temporary one, as I would like to switch into a career that involves computer security after graduation from my masters degree. I dealt with a fast food job for five years; therefor, I feel that any job I get to get me through two years of grad school would be one I could deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment